<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Busy week 

This week has been pretty busy, with the end of result of my being sick. I slept most of the day today, but now, I am up at 1:00 a.m. and it feels like my eyeballs are going to explode. I just took some Nyquil, so let's see what happens. I am really hoping that I feel better by Sunday at least, because being sick really stinks.

So, it has been constantly raining for the last couple of weeks, and I mean constantly. And yet, when I woke up on Tuesday, I saw daylight and was told that it was going to be sunny until later in the afternoon. Now, here's the thing. I have a brochure project due in class in a week or two, and the project is supposed to advertise a local town as a vacation destination, but due to the rain, I haven't gotten the photos I needed. I had to make an executive decision. After a moment of thought, I called up my instructors and told them that I wasn't going to class that day. I then spent the next six hours or so taking landscape and architecture pictures of the given town. I got a handful of strange looks from the locals, especially since I was using my tripod to get the photos I needed, but looking back, I am glad I took that day off from school because the rain started up again and hasn't really stopped since.

Wednesday was Veteran's day, so I had that day off from school too. I spent the majority of my time that day reviewing the photos I took and color correcting them as best I could. I probably could use another photo session of the town, but I don't really want to drive out there again -- four separate trips should be enough.

Thursday, our class went to the major art museum in the biggest urban town of our state. I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with the exhibit we went up there to see specifically. Yes, it was interesting, but it wasn't all that different from things I have seen before. Some of the items on display could easily be found as reproductions for sale on internet sites. However, after the official class tour was over, I decided that I would stick around and see the rest of what the museum had to offer and that part was much more interesting. I met up with the foreign exchange student and we took a leisurely walk through the rest of the exhibits. It was nice to have a companion as we walked past famous, and not so famous, works of art. I liked the Kenny Scharf and the Basquiat works, but the classical impressionist stuff was pretty cool too.

And, of course, on the next day, I got sick. My head is killing me, and the chills I had earlier in the night have been replaced by a fever and the sweats. I really hope I feel better soon. I have too much work to do to be sick for very long.

14 November 2009
Comments: Post a Comment