<$BlogRSDUrl$>

More Walking 


Pictures are from a four and a half mile hike last Thursday. Bee is snuggled in the the flower in the last picture. 

Like everyone else, I'd like to lose weight, but it's not happening yet. I need to walk more often, eat way less junk, and be more detached from the outcomes of what may or may not happen.

Frustrating personal experiences today are teaching me the lesson of letting go when it's really difficult to let go. An elderly care-giver whom I read about in an article had the mantra: "I have no expectations. I can get through this," which seems like a healthy attitude to get through bad and unavoidable circumstances. I would transform that mantra into something more religious which might be "trust in God." I might say something like: "I will be detached emotionally from 'this' to experience this in a state of spiritual purity. I chose to trust God."

I know most people would not say or do this, but I will try to remember this because of how important a lesson it is. Life won't be magically better by this, it can even get worse. However, it can be even much worse than that--a true disaster--if I act angrily or selfishly.

10 June 2023
Comments: Post a Comment